Sooner or later, every smartphone user thinks about whether to buy a fitness bracelet? Or prefer a smartwatch? How do they differ from each other?
Well, the popularity of smartwatches and fitness bracelets is growing every year. Just think, in 2019, Apple Watch alone sold 10 million more than all Swiss watches combined.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know to choose the best wearable device for your needs.
What is a fitness bracelet?
The fitness bracelets have a small screen. The device itself is usually black, and the straps can be painted in any other color. The most famous manufacturers today are Xiaomi , Samsung , and Huawei. Although, there are models of other brands on the market too.
Fitness bracelets are of two types:
- activity trackers;
- smart bracelets.
What is a smart watch?
Smart watches, smart watches or fitness watches are all names that refer to the same item. It has a fairly wide functionality and is constantly expanding. Some devices can completely replace a smartphone, as they perform its functions. Here are what smartwatches are:
- With phone function. They need to embed a SIM card. Usually in Russia they are used to control where the child is. In this case, there is no risk that the communication medium will be lost. However, some professional athletes are also ditching telephones in favor of these devices.
- Universal devices have about the same set of functions as fitness bracelets. The accuracy of the data obtained may vary depending on the manufacturer. This must be taken into account when choosing a specific device.
How are smartwatches different from fitness bracelets?
At first glance, both types of devices perform similar tasks, but there is one key difference between them: the capabilities of a smart watch are not limited by the manufacturer and can be expanded by the user himself by installing additional applications.
Smartwatches run on a full operating system, which means they need a more powerful processor that consumes more power. This, in turn, entails an increased size of the battery and the device itself.
Below we will take a closer look at the main features of smartwatches and fitness bracelets, but at this stage it is important to understand the following key differences between these devices:
- Smart watches are larger than fitness bracelets and look more like traditional watches in design
- You can install additional applications on your smart watch
- Smart watches allow you not only to read, but also to enter certain information (reply to messages, send emails, take notes)
- Fitness bracelets last longer on a single charge than smartwatches
- Smart watches, unlike fitness bracelets, can be used to pay in stores
- You can control your smart watch by voice
Despite their appearance, all these devices are ordinary fitness bracelets and do not have the additional benefits of smartwatches. Accordingly, they are suitable for those who just need the functionality of a fitness bracelet, but want a more traditional design.
Smartwatch or fitness bracelet: which one to choose?
It’s impossible to say for sure which is better: a fitness bracelet or a smartwatch. It all depends on the aim of the buyer. In order to make the right choice and then not regret your decision, you need to familiarize yourself with the main differences between these devices, as well as their pros and cons.
With technology, our life becomes easier. A smartwatch perfectly describes this statement. Smartwatches bring all necessary features on the wrist. Smartwatches satisfy both your communication and...
There are millions of people who are using iPhone and if they are willing to move towards a fit life by tracking all-day activities including heart rate, then they will surely need the best...