Golf is a technical game, but with the advancement of technology, the technicality is now more straightforward. With the development of smart devices, you will have the edge over your competitors. Tracking your shots, measuring the distance of a shoot to the pin, and getting other helpful information is easier with the best Samsung smartwatches for golf.
Samsung recently produced the Galaxy Golf edition watch, which has the pre-installed Smart Caddie app to integrate and sync your golfing activity to your smartphone. The watch details over 40,000-course maps worldwide, stroke numbers, and short-yardage tracking. And after each hole, you get a notification.
Only some Samsung smartwatches come with a pre-installed Smart caddie app to track your golfing activities. However, you can install golf apps on the other smartwatches to have additional features for golf tracking.
Read Next: Does Fitbit work with Samsung?
1. Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
1st on the Best Samsung Smartwatch for Golf list is Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (golf edition) comes pre-installed with the Caddie app, and it is the best and latest edition of the Samsung Galaxy Watch golf edition. It has two variants; the 40mm silver variant and the 44mm black model.
- It contains details of the distance and shot history of over 40,000 golf courses worldwide.
- It has 1.5GB RRAM and 16GB ROM storage.
- 450 x 450 pixels resolution
- 472mAh batter.
- It has a bioactive sensor with an electrical heart rate sensor, optical heart rate sensor, and bioelectrical impedance analysis sensor. These sensors help track your heart rate, sleep analysis, blood oxygen saturation level, and similar health features.
- UI Watch custom skin to customize your watch’s background
- Connectivity options include connecting to Wifi, Bluetooth (version 4.2), NFC, and GPS.
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch active 2
2nd one on the Best Samsung Smartwatch for Golf list is The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is a watch designed to track your activities and activeness. The Golf version has integrated features that allow you to track your golf shoots and performance.
- It has a long-lasting battery
- It is waterproof
- It is a touchscreen which makes it easier to navigate its features.
- Its interface is beginner-friendly after you have completed the setup stages.
- Its features help you track your workout, heart rate, GPS, and sleeping activities.
- It allows you to connect your phone activities and will enable you to carry out different activities, including streaming music and making calls.
- Touch to target and shot tracking feature.
- Sleek and fashionable design
- It has a built-in microphone, and you can navigate it with your voice (voice-activated)
- You can get phone notifications and choose your alert type (sound, vibration).
3. Samsung Gear S3
another one on the Best Samsung Smartwatch for Golf list id Gear 3 Even though Samsung Gear S3 does not have an integrated golf app, it is suitable for golf tracking once you install a compatible golf app on it. It is designed to collect your activity data and keep you on track.
Read Next: How does Samsung LTE Works?
- It supports wireless charging
- It has a 380mAh battery.
- It is water-resistant
- Can connect with non-Samsung devices.
- It has a heart rate sensor, barometer, accelerometer, and ambient light.
- It can connect to Wi-fi, Bluetooth, NFC, and 4G (LTE)
- Tracks fitness activities.
- It allows you to make calls, send texts, and play music.
- It alerts you when there is a change in the atmospheric pressure so that you can know when there is a weather change.
4. Samsung galaxy watch 3
This smartwatch edition also does not come with an integrated golf tracking app, but after you install a compatible app, you will be able to track golf activities apart from tracking golf clubs.
- It can track many other activities apart from golfing—activities like running and swimming.
- It has an integrated optical heart rate sensor and GPS.
- It can measure your sleeping activities, blood pressure, and ECG.
- It supports up to 7 languages.
- Supports connection with Wi-fi and Bluetooth (version 5.0)
- It is water-resistant
5. Galaxy watch active
Even though it already has an advanced version, the Galaxy Watch Active 2, it is still helpful to track your golfing activities. It is also one of the smartwatches that come pre-installed with the smart caddie app.
Read Next: Is Samsung Health Compatible with Garmin?
- It is water-resistant (50 meters)
- It is a touchscreen, and you can easily navigate your apps.
- It is lightweight, making it easy to golf while golfing.
- It supports wireless charging
- Accurate yardage measurement.
- It is easy to use and navigate.
6. Samsung Gear Fit2
Samsung Gear Fit2 does not come with an integrated but supports many golf applications so that it can function as perfectly as other smartwatches for golf will. As the name implies, the Gear Fit2 watch is initially designed t track fitness activities.
- It has sensors that measure club head angle, swing speed, tempo, and plane angle metrics.
- Its sensor can also monitor your heart rate, the number of calories you burn, steps, and other activities.
- It is highly durable
- Allows wireless connection, Bluetooth, and Wi-fi.
- It has an AMOLED touchscreen display
- It has a simple interface fit for beginners
- It has long battery life.
7. Samsung Gear Sport
The last watch on the Best Samsung Smartwatch for Golf list is Samsung Gear Sport a watch that tracks sports activities, including swimming. It does not have an integrated golf tracking feature but supports the installation of golf apps. And even though it does not support advanced features like having speakers to play music and make calls, it is still effective for golf tracking activities.
Read related: Is Samsung Watch ECG Reliable?
- It has a heart rate monitor, barometer, gyroscope, and an ambient light sensor.
- It allows connection to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- You can download music and play it offline. (Listen with a Bluetooth speaker)
- It is water-resistant
- It allows voice search for music.
Features to Look Out for In a Golf Watch
Accurate distance measurement, durability, and other features are necessary when getting a smartwatch for golfing. But if you have not used one before, knowing what to look for in a golf smartwatch can be technical.
Read related: 15 Samsung Gear S2 Hacks To Know In 2020
Here are some key features to consider when getting a golf smartwatch.
Auto Course Recognition
What is a golf smartwatch without this feature? It gets tiring if you have to start looking manually for a golf course among the thousands of golf courses available. So, to save your time, ensure your golf smartwatch automatically recognizes a golf watch.
For any form of exercise, it is best if the smartwatch is water-resistant because of excessive sweating in hot weather, accidental water splashes, and days when a sudden change in weather happens, and it rains.
Read related: Does Samsung Watch Work With Oneplus?
Good Battery Life
It is not convenient if you keep charging your smartwatch between rounds. And considering how long it takes to complete a round of golf, you should go for a smartwatch that can last a couple of games. And it is an added advantage if it is easy to charge.
Read related: Is The Samsung Galaxy Watch Cellular?
However, this is not usually something to worry about, as most golf smartwatches can last up to 10 to 18 hours. But confirm to be on the safer side.
Easy use and Navigation
If you are not used to smartwatches, using a golf smartwatch with a complicated interface can be frustrating. So ensure it has a guide or beginner-friendly interface. But be ready because of the many features of the watch; it might not be as easy as you expect.
Also, as time passes, you can go for the advanced versions because you would have got the hang of operating it.
Read related: How Does Galaxy Watch Measure Stress?
Shot Tracking Feature
The shot tracking feature is an extra feature you can get on your golf smartwatch. After taking your shot, you click on begin, drive to where the shot gets to, and click on end. This measures your shot distance accurately.
Another thing you should look out for is distance information, which is your watch’s ability to display distance yardages accurately. This means you will have the course’s front, back, and center details.
Green Mapping Feature
Green mapping shows the details of the green, the shape, width, and depth of every part of the green. This feature makes it easy to aim well, especially when you are not near the green, and it helps you make better choices when making shots.
Only a few smartwatches have this feature. So, if you want this feature, you must get a watch with integrated tools to track your swing speed, ball speed, path, launch angle, and other metrics.
If you want to track your golfing activities, you should have a digital scorecard that keeps track of your performances over time in different golf rounds. Then you can track your improvement.
This is a bonus if you are golfing to keep fit also. Then you can note how many calories you burned, your steps, and the miles you walked.
You can look for other features like touchscreen, pin location, and touch to target.
Read related: Does Samsung Watch Work With Google pixel?
You are spoilt for choices when it comes to getting suitable watches to track your golfing activities. You can either go for smartwatches that come pre-installed with golfing apps or the ones that allow the installation of Golf apps. Either way, you can get any of the listed Samsung smartwatches according to your preference.
Read related: Can Samsung Health Measure Heart Rate?
Read related: Does Noom Work With Samsung Health?